Thursday, January 31, 2019

GK Chesterton and Conversion

A year ago my husband attended a party where he happened to fall into a pond and also happened to meet Dale Ahlquist. Being that Mr. Ahlquist is president of The Society of Gilbert Keith Chesterton, and that my husband credits the “apostle of common sense” with helping us on our path to Rome, Mr. Ahlquist added his name to a list of people similarly indebted to Chesterton. When my husband was invited to contribute his story to a book about Chesterton-induced conversion, I wrote my own, which was graciously included as a “His and Hers” story.

My Name is Lazarus consists of 34 conversion stories from Jews, Muslims, atheists, agnostics, and protestants; from magicians to law students to doctors, all searching for something and finding it in the incredible writing of GK Chesterton. If you haven't read him, jump right in and enjoy. You will find a refreshing Outline of Sanity, Orthodoxy, and The Everlasting Man.

Chesterton wrote, “The difficulty explaining why I am Catholic is that there are 10,000 reasons all amounting to one reason: that Catholicism is true.” Some of those reasons and inspirations are discussed by contributors including Bishop James Conley, Fr. Dwight Longenecker, Peter Kreeft, Joseph Pearce, Leah Libresco, Kevin O’Brien, Brandon Vogt, Emma Fox Wilson, Carl Olson, Victoria Darkey, Matt Swaim, David Fagerberg, my husband and me. 

Fans of GK Chesterton can purchase the book here: Chesterton.org 


And if you've never heard of him, you can learn more here: “Who is this guy and why haven't I heard of him?



Follow  
  follow us in feedly